A crystal-clear CNC solution for glass cutting, milling, drilling, polishing.
Costantino is a powerful and flexible CNC that helps to reach the best results with limited efforts in all types of applications.
Costantino CNC is the ideal solution for both new machines and retrofits.
Machines equipped with CNC Costantino can meet all requirements of Industry 4.0.
Glass cutting machines
2D cutting machines orienting a glass cutting wheel always tangent to current position of trajectory in the programmed layout.
- Optimize production saving labor cost during loading and unloading
- High velocity in cutting lines and shapes needed
- Minimize the material leftover during cutting parts, show the layout already cut to breaking table operator, re-schedule layout keeping track of parts broken during separation
Drilling and polishing working machines
3 axes machines using tools and grinders on spindle to work on corners.
- Have uniform grinding surface results on all perimeter of the shape
- Complex sequence of tools necessary during machining
Waterjet cutting machines
3 or 5 axes machines cutting planar glass slabs with high-pressure water and abrasive.
- Very long part-program execution that must be interrupted and resumed on the last part of cut trajectory
- Leveraging cutting time with quality of cut
Key CNC features
- PC-based solution, a single hardware hosting CNC together with HMI, CAM and Cut Optimizer with completely separated and independent resources, to increase reliability and cut cost
- Look ahead up to 256 blocks, more than 15.000 instructions/second
- Standard ISO6983 syntax for full machining definition and parametric nested programming, that simplify interface with third parts CAD-CAM
- Gantry axes
- Jerk-controlled movements of all axes involved in movement and separately of the tool tip, to prevent mechanical stress and reach the best finishing surface
- High speed machining to smooth corners while keeping a defined tolerance, to reduce mechanic vibration, cut machining time and improve finishing results
- High speed machining optimized for tangent cutting wheel
- Volumetric compensation of positioning inaccuracies due to mechanical asymmetries and machine misalignments
- Coordinates and working origins roto-translation and mirroring
- High speed machining available on 5 axes interpolation
- Programming tool tip position and orientation with Tool Centre Point (TCP) with bi-rotative heads and different tool orientation
- Support of digital interface with servos such as EtherCAT and Mechatrolink, but also cheap pulse-dir servos can perform at their best
- OPC UA server to connect with MES
- Remote I/Os connected with EtherCAT fieldbus thousands of I/O signals can be exchanged
- IO-Link interface gateway
- Integrated safety with FSoE
- Custom panel operator created via a specific development tool. Alternatively, OEM can integrate CAM in the HMI using reusable user controls
- High definition, interactive machining preview that operator can rotate, pan or zoom. Path already cut is identified using different colors to quickly understand the amount of work done
- Statistical tool wear compensation in radius and length. Dynamic adjustments to let tool work at constant torque (Dynamic wear compensation)
- Tool life management
- Tool preset, online wear measurement and integrity check
- High efficient, automatic Tool change management
- Resume of machining after unexpected shutdown from last executed block or from any graphically selected block. Works with repetitions and nested macros
- Support of suspension of machining, manual check and maintenance and resume from position in trajectory
- After resume, variation in tool length automatically compensated
- Safe tool retract from material on arbitrary tool current direction
- Integrated waterjet cutting process parameters database within the part-program. CAM can select parameters based on material, thickness and required cutting quality in the specific sides. Operator can force a different selection
- Parameter database editor
PLC logic environment
- Powerful PLC logic shell compliant with IEC61131 standard
- Extensive application libraries