Choose a CNC with solid rock experience on stone cutting and machining.
Costantino is a powerful and flexible CNC that helps to reach the best results with limited efforts in all types of applications.
Costantino CNC is the ideal solution for both new machines and retrofits.
Machines equipped with CNC Costantino can meet all requirements of Industry 4.0.
3 axes machines using spindle for stone sculpturing and engraving in order to make bas-reliefs, bath sinks.
Easy operator approach
Very long part-program execution that must be interrupted and resumed
Complex sequence of tools necessary during machining
Bas-reliefs copy feature
3 axes machines using tools and grinders on spindle to smooth slab surface and corners.
- To have the same mirror surface results on different places of the shape
Bridge cutting machines
4 or 5 axes machines cutting and milling stone or composite material slabs to create tiles, kitchen or bath tops, statues, building cornices and decorations.
- Handling manual cutting with oriented tools
- Easy to use onboard machining definition requiring no programming skill, directly from drawing
- Capability to work with disk, milling and boring tools mounted on same working head but with different orientations
- Very long part-program execution that must be interrupted and resumed
- Use less material to cut all shapes, avoiding surface defects
3 or 5 axes machines cutting stone or composite material slabs with high-pressure water and abrasive.
- Constant nozzle-to-material distance control
- Very long part-program execution that must be interrupted and resumed on the last part of cut trajectory
- Leveraging cutting time with quality of cut
- Engraving with Hydro-jet
Key CNC features
- PC-based solution, a single hardware hosting CNC together with HMI and CAM with completely separated and independent resources, to increase reliability and cut cost
- Look ahead up to 256 blocks, more than 15.000 instructions/second
- Standard ISO6983 syntax for full machining definition and parametric nested programming, that simplify interface with third parts CAD-CAM
- Gantry axes
- Jerk-controlled movements of all axes involved in movement and separately of the tool tip, to prevent mechanical stress and reach the best finishing surface
- High speed machining to smooth corners while keeping a defined tolerance, to reduce mechanic vibration, cut machining time and improve finishing results
- Volumetric compensation of positioning inaccuracies due to mechanical asymmetries and machine misalignments
- Vibration suppression algorithms to prevent part damages, extend machine lifetime and increase machining quality
- Coordinates and working origins roto-translation and mirroring
- High speed machining available on 5 axes interpolation
- Programming tool tip position and orientation with Tool Centre Point (TCP) with bi-rotative heads and different tool orientation
- Support of many different servo digital interfaces control of servos with position or velocity reference
- OPC UA server to connect with MES
- Remote I/Os connected with EtherCAT fieldbus thousands of I/O signals can be exchanged
- IO-Link interface gateway
- Integrated safety with FSoE
- Custom panel operator created via a specific development tool. Alternatively, OEM can integrate CAM in the HMI using reusable user controls
- High definition, interactive machining preview that operator can rotate, pan or zoom. Path already cut is identified using different colors to quickly understand the amount of work done
- Simulation environment available to check mechanical constraints and collision before running the part-program
- Statistical tool wear compensation in radius and length. Dynamic adjustments to let tool work at constant torque (Dynamic wear compensation)
- Tool life management
- Tool preset, online wear measurement and integrity check
- High efficient, automatic Tool change management
- Resume of machining after unexpected shutdown from last executed block or from any graphically selected block. Works with repetitions and nested macros
- Support of suspension of machining, manual check and maintenance and resume from position in trajectory
- After resume, variation in tool length automatically compensated
- Safe tool retract from material on arbitrary tool current direction
- Integrated waterjet cutting process parameters database within the part-program. CAM can select parameters based on material, thickness and required cutting quality in the specific sides. Operator can force a different selection
- Parameter database editor
- Integrated CAD-CAM component dedicated to cutting with disk and boring, with camera connected to shot picture to the slab, identify defect and place imported shapes to cut avoiding them
PLC Logic environment
- Powerful PLC logic shell compliant with IEC61131 standard
- Extensive application libraries